Thursday 16 December 2021

Major Clanger's hat

I'd set up a game yesterday to work through my own set of 2mm ECW rules and Major Clanger (as he now styles himself) came along to play the opposition.

After a series of interruptions and a very distracted set up I grabbed dice, order counters, and the A.I deployment cards and had at it. I took a few piccies and had just got everything ready when real life called a halt to proceedings before they'd really begun, (yes at 58 I'm still being called in from playing to have my tea!)

Deleting the few images relating to the abortive game this morning, I noticed there was something not quite right going on.


Maybe you can spot it?

Clanger's new hat is courtesy of the nimble fingered current Mrs Broom by the way. 

19 comments:

  1. The only thing I can think of is that you're playing the 'wrong way' on the hexes, as nothing else springs to mind. Great to see Major Clanger ready for another game:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A good try mate…but no cigar. Along time ago I was bought a joke item related to gaming. At some point it seems to have been thrown in with all my other games paraphernalia and has now seemingly re emerged. Think red.

      Delete
    2. Oh dear me, that's not cricket;)

      Delete
  2. Can't see anything there JBM but then I'm rubbish at this sort of thing. I must say though that Major Clangers new hat certainly looks the part on him and nice touch with the little holes for his ears to stick out, like it. Buff coat next finish the look?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lee - See my reply to Steve above. A buff coat was attempted with mixed results. Might need a rethink on that one.

      Delete
  3. Got it…😂

    Yes I made one of these before…

    All the best Aly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would certainly help end my current losing streak!

      Delete
    2. I think mine ended up being put into the play testers big jar of dice at work…😬
      I don’t think it was a deliberate act… well not by me anyway.

      Delete
  4. You've pinched my lucky dice, you swine...

    ReplyDelete
  5. And we wonder why Clanger played such a good game last time! Nice hat by the way, he looks like a proper general now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Norm, I’d like to blame the shonky dice but I suspect he’s just better than me!

      Delete
  6. Not what you expect from a God-fearing Puritan like Major Clanger. And Einstein said God doesn’t play dice with the universe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don’t know about God-fearing mate, this looks like the devils work to me!

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. I know Jonathan, but its very effective. You never know when you’re going to need a six. This just takes out all of the guesswork! Lol.

      Delete
    2. I wonder how many of my remote gaming buddies have a similar die???

      Delete
    3. I reckon you’d still beat them even if they did.

      Delete