Wednesday 24 February 2021

The Ultimate Portable Wargame?

Tired of spending a fortune on miniatures?

Tired of the space taken up with storing all that paraphernalia?

Tired of having to clear your game away when someone needs the dining table?

Worry no more!

Taking advantage of the latest scientific breakthroughs in minitastic technology  Broomco Inc is proud to unveil CONFLICT IN MY POCKET..!

Batteries not included. May contain nuts.

That’s right... Say goodbye to all your normal wargaming problems with a board and figures that slip right in your back pocket! 

The starter ‘argy bargy’ game comes with our easy to remember three line rule set Rock Paper Scissors where your opponent and you get to engage in real hand to hand combat.

Packaged with three initial scenarios, “Ooo you lookin’ at? Oi you spilled my pint,” and “Didn’t you kill my bruvver?” it boasts active fan discussion groups on MySpace and Beebo. Maybe.

I am pleased to offer a heavily discounted price to interested readers of this blog who include the discount code “mugme” with their order.

Note: only 1 set available per household.

14 comments:

  1. "This base ain't big enough for the two of us!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you got a version for solo wargamers? I tried the Rock, Paper, Scissors mechanism but melees never ended.

    By the way this method has quite a long history in wargaming:
    https://www.wfgamers.org.uk/andy-callans-articles/the-dark-age-infantry-slog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nundanket, if you want the solo version just throw away one of the figures!

      Bloody hell, dark age infantry slog, there’s a blast from the past! You think you’ve had an original idea and you realise it was something lodged in your head from centuries ago. Didn’t realise it was done by master Callan though.

      Delete
  3. sign me up for a starter set :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol. You won’t have any trouble reaching across this board, even with your bad back!

      Delete
  4. You been on the Mead again JBM :) I must say though that as a member of the Portable Wargame FB page this is not really so far fetched given some of what I see there! Got those WoFun figures yet?
    Lee.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish! I think one of my French neighbours drank the last of our mead as part of a regular “cultural exchange”. The wofun arrived a few days ago and I’m currently inking the sides and rebasing them all - slowly. I’ll do a quick march past when I’m done. Splitting my time at the mo between WOTR, 1:2400 ships and Wofun. So many models...so little time.

      Delete
  5. They are so far away....

    Splendid 😁

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
  6. Shouldn't you have kept this till April 1st? Great fun,not enough figures for me!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Iain, yeah I probably should have kept it back until then. Not enough figures? Yeah we never have enough do we. I suppose we’re all masochists at heart! Lol.

      Delete